6:00 pm –9:00 pm
Enjoy evening access to the Museum as the sounds of live jazz surround you. Curated by Rasheeda “Ra Flautista” Ali, the event will feature two musical areas where musicians will play throughout the evening, layering notes and improvising melodies.
Reserve your tickets today for Friday Jazz!
About Rasheeda Ali
Rasheeda “Ra Flautista” Ali flutters into the hearts of music lovers with an exploration of avant-garde sound. Though defying the confines of genre categorization, her unique sound speaks as an otherworldly approach to African polyrhythm, Latin flair, Eastern sounds, jazz, and funk.
Ali has performed at Harlem’s Apollo Theater, Atlanta Jazz Festival, SXSW, National Black Theatre Festival, Atlanta Film Fest, and Art, Beats + Lyrics. She has shared stages with Rakim, Cody ChesnuTT, Les Nubians, Darryl Reeves, Donnie, Julie Dexter, Jessica Care Moore, Kool G Rap, Chuck D, and Asiahn, and has performed as an opening act for Gil Scott-Heron, Marsha Ambrosius, Taylor McFerrin, The Foreign Exchange, Midnite, 9th Wonder, Talib Kweli, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Freddie Gibbs, and Kahil El’Zabar, among many others.
In addition to performing in high-power ensembles including Wolfpack ATL and The Royal Krunk Jazz Orchestra, Ali holds many recordings in her catalog. She was also named Best Jazz Artist by Creative Loafing Atlanta in 2019. To the High Museum, she brings an innovative trio to provide inspiration and upliftment.
Before your visit, please review the High’s COVID Guidelines.
- All guests over the age of two, even if fully vaccinated, are required to wear a mask while inside the Museum.
- In designated outdoor and indoor areas, guests may remove their masks to enjoy a beverage or snack.
- Due to the popularity of this event, we ask that you reserve tickets online in advance of your visit.
- Members enjoy free tickets to Friday Jazz; however, tickets must be reserved in advance.
- Guest passes are valid for general admission only and cannot be redeemed during this event.
- Seating is extremely limited, and priority is given to guests who have accessibility challenges.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- Parking in the Woodruff Arts Center garage is free to members; however, capacity is limited and will be first come first served. Members must show proof of membership upon entering the garage: membership card (plastic or digital) or membership purchase confirmation email.
- For MARTA access, take the train to Arts Center Station (N5), and then follow the signs up to the campus level. For access through Lyft, Uber, or other ride sharing services, follow in-app navigation to the drop-off areas on Callaway Plaza at the corner of Peachtree Street and 15th or on Arts Center Way.
Interested in having your band perform at the High for a future Friday Jazz event? Visit high.org/FridayJazzSubmission to get in touch.