6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Free for Members
Turn up the volume at the High with great music, signature drinks, and our reimagined galleries on the first Friday of every month. Our galleries stay open late for special tours, drawing demonstrations, live music, and featured guests. It’s happy hour meets art party from 6 to 9 p.m.
September Frequency Friday
Did you know that Maira Kalman illustrated a book for the Talking Heads’ 1985 song “Stay Up Late”? Well, we’re reliving this classic at Frequency Friday! Come to the High when ATL Collective gathers Atlanta’s best musicians to perform the entire classic ‘80s album Little Creatures. Enjoy our special Peachtree Cocktail and get inspired by Kalman’s whimsical drawings set to the soundtrack by David Byrne.
- Keep it local with our featured Peachtree Cocktail, inspired by the Atlanta-based artists in the exhibition Of Origins and Belonging, Drawn from Atlanta
- Stay up late with ATL Collective as they perform the entire Little Creatures album by Talking Heads
- Drink and Draw: Draw like an artist with instruction from Georgia State University drawing professor Michael Tolley as we learn about interlocking forms in the body
- Dance to tunes curated by DJ Black Box Disco
- Slow down in our galleries with a docent-led tour
Exhibitions on view during Frequency Friday:
The Pursuit of Everything: Maira Kalman’s Books for Children
Strange Light: The Photography of Clarence John Laughlin
Supple Means of Connection
Of Origins and Belonging, Drawn from Atlanta
Prepay for guaranteed parking, take MARTA to the Arts Center Station (N5), or take a Lyft.